The way to avoid that horrible stairstep bind-off!
The pattern instructions for the left and right bind-offs in this photo are exactly the same ("on neck edge, BO 3 sts 3 times")... See the difference!
- - work to 1 st before neckline
- - slip; turn
- - slip first 2 sts
- - pull 2nd over 1st (= 1 st bound off).
For initial bindoff (center sts):
- place markers either side of sts to be bound off!
- work to 1 st before marker
- in this st: Kf&b
- remove marker
- knit next st
- pull 2nd over 1st (1st is the extra st you just made)
- continue to bind off normally.